Posted on | January 7, 2010 | 3 Comments
Hi, this is the second lesson about pasta.
What are the most important rules to cook pasta very well?
Here they are!
1) Use abundant salt water: one litre per 100 grams of pasta
2) Bring to the boil the right amount of water and only in this moment add 10 grams of salt per litre of water.
3) Two or three minutes later add the pasta and increase the heat to keep the water boiling
4) Stir immediately with a wooden spoon (or a wooden fork if the pasta is long) until pasta is no more hard and is under the water
5) Stir now and then during cooking time
6) Cooking time depends on the quality of pasta and its shape; follow the instructions on the package. But the most important rule is to taste the pasta at least a minute before the end of cooking. Only you can decide if pasta is ready according to your taste!
7) Drain pasta very well and toss it with the sauce you’ve prepared!
Interested in Italian cooking and entertaining? Read more here!
Greetings from Italy
Carlo & Loretta